Monday, June 9, 2008

Google and Apple Working on Open Source Projects

Well, I hate to say I told you so, but this article gives me a little "street cred". It turns out that Google, which sounds like one of the coolest places to work, lets their employees spend 20% of their work time on projects of their choosing. And most of them are working on projects for Apple.



In addition, you may not have heard but Apple released a new phone today. Something called the IPhone 2.0. Hm, I've never heard of it. Ok just kidding.


Part of the announcement was a demonstration of its new "Me" push platform. I was really really really impressed. In fact, I want an IPhone now. I only wish my company would support something like this. This might be the first application that takes the "cloud" and implements a great solution.


In fact, I showed the video to my wife and she was like "I want that. Why haven't they come up with something like that yet?" This solution, along with the OS X approach and IPhone move towards simplicity seem to be winning the day.


I'm a lifelong PC guy and I would seriously consider buying a Mac.

No comments:

Who has the best EMIS Blog Name? (verson 1)